Name: Andy Lewis
Position: HoY 11 / 2nd in RE
5 Bits of Advice About: The Photocopier
- If you are lucky enough to be given a code, don’t abuse it. Middle leaders are generally very budget conscious and photocopying adds up over the year.
- Find out what you can get reprographics staff to do. This does involve advanced planning of lessons, but no one wants to be behind you with your 20min job.
- Pick timing carefully. There is always a rush 10mins before lessons begin. If your job is going to take more than 30seconds, you are going to annoy colleagues.
- Find a quiet time to do complex tasks, or jobs that involve cutting and pasting, especially if you are not familiar with the machine. Let staff with simple jobs jump in.
- If you break it, fix it. Or report it. NEVER just leave it.