Twitter: None given
Subject: None given
Position: Head of Department
5 Bits of Advice About: Emails
- Never send an email to every member of staff unless it really, really needs to go to every single member of staff.
- Check before you hit ‘send’. Did you click ‘reply to all’ by mistake? Have you given a first impression to colleagues suggesting you are illiterate? Spellcheck is good!
- Don’t read school emails just before bed: you could end up with a sleepless night or an hour of extra work, rather than the duvet you crave.
- Respond to urgent emails immediately, or risk forgetting them and incurring someone’s wrath. Cultivate the impression that you are organised and efficient.
- Ask an experienced colleague to check important emails (eg to parents / SLT) before you send them. Copy in your mentor so he/she has the relevant info if required later.