Name: Adam Creen
Position: Head of Maths
5 Bits of Advice About: Money
- Join all the teacher unions for free when training. Download all of their publications for free.
- Join your subject association(s) when training as it costs less. Decide who to stick with once you qualify.
- Claim tax back on your union and subject association subs. Don’t pay a rip-off company to do this for you.
- If you buy textbooks or equipment to use solely in your teaching, claim the tax back on those as well. Even PE kit (if you teach PE) is eligible.
- Start checking your pension records as soon as you start teaching. Make sure all of your jobs and dates are correct.