Name: Tim Aldridge
5 Bits of Advice About: Behaviour
- Read the book ‘Teach Like A Champion’.
- DO sweat the small stuff. Especially early on. It will make your life (and your pupils’ lives) a lot happier in the long term.
- Make sure pupils know exactly what you expect of them. There is nothing worse than being told off for something you did unwittingly.
- Predictable entry routine that never changes. This makes it much easier to hold pupils accountable for their actions.
- Model the behaviours you expect. Eg. Looking at pupils when they speak, not interrupting them, smiling, not shouting, not acting surprised.