Name: Stephanie Standing
5 Bits of Advice About: Classroom organisation
- Have a box of tissues to hand.
- Use the walls for posters with key words and things you want students to use in their own work. Work by the students can be displayed in the coridoor.
- Use magazine boxes stacked on their side to keep photocopies for classes organised.
- Make sure the pens you give out to forgetful students are so unattractive/uncool (mine have pink feathers on them) that the students are unlikely to walk off with yours.
- When dismissing classes, make sure it is well managed, so that students can return any borrowed items to you. It’s a pain clearing up after them.