Name: Tarjinder Gill
Subject: All subjects
5 Bits of Advice About: Organising your classroom
- Labels are important both for you and your pupils. For younger children try to incorporate an image.
- Theme your draws – put resources for particular units or (in primary) subjects together. This avoids a lot of time being wasted – yours, the TAs, the pupils.
- Have a home for books – textbooks and pupils books. It makes the class look infinitely well organised.
- Do the first organisation yourself. It can be tempting to let the TA do it but YOU need to know where everything is!!
- Classrooms don’t have to be perfect but if disorganisation starts to impact on lessons ask for help, don’t leave it hoping it will go away.