Name: Michelle Perkins
5 Bits of Advice About: Relationships with parents
- Contact all parents of pupils you teach and form group to introduce yourself. Use group call or parent mail for speed – parents respond really well to this.
- Contact home for minor transgressions e.g lack of equipment etc. Really helps to prevent escalation and shows parent/pupil you have high standards.
- For more serious issues, contact parents by telephone and log call details (should be an option on sims).
- Invite parents for meetings to tackle difficult behaviour ASAP. Try to have another member of staff present.
- Contact parents (via email) to advise when pupils have done well in class, e.g xxxx has worked to improve … This helps to develop excellent home/school relationships.