Name: Jo Payne
Subject: All subjects
Position: Year Leader
5 Bits of Advice About: Routines
- Have routines for the start of a lesson. E.g. line up silently, instructions on board, register.
- Establish a routine for responding to feedback in books. Use codes, initials and symbols to make this quick and effective.
- Use pupils to complete jobs. E.g. handing out books, tidying up, sorting things, giving letters or messages.
- Ensure each lesson ends with a similar routine. E.g. tidy things away, put books in appropriate place, stand behind chairs.
- Create a marking routine for yourself and try to stick to it closely to avoid getting behind. Do the minimum required by your school for the maximum impact.