Name: Daniel Smith
5 Bits of Advice About: Being a form tutor
- Have a seating plan for form time and have high expectations of behaviour in form time in general.
- There should be a set task for each day of the week, for example Friday can be silent reading.
- Hold a social event every year for your form, this can be ambitious or just a get together after school.
- Have regular conversations with members of your form and get to know them early on.
- Chase up all behaviour issues. This may mean setting your own detentions, meeting subject teachers or calling home.