Subject: All subjects
Position: Deputy Head
5 Bits of Advice About: Observations
- Pay little attention to cynical older teachers, observations are a chance to move forward with your teaching.
- Prepare well, but teach as you would normally. Don’t stress yourself out, you are meant to be making mistakes
- Attitude is often more important than aptitude so be humble. You will have development points, a good observer will try and lead you to realising these.
- Ask questions. You are learning to do a difficult thing.
- Make whatever your development points are the focus of your efforts for the next term. Your observer will want to see them improving in the next observation.