Sector: Special School
5 Bits of Advice About: Workload
- You will never get to the end of your ‘to do’ list. Don’t even try. Prioritise and re prioritise.
- Don’t do anything on the first time of asking no matter who asks. Chances are the new initiative will be forgotten or changed.
- Don’t go in early and come home late or you’ll burn out, do one or the other. Don’t work more than one afternoon at weekend.
- If you are getting overwhelmingly stressed talk to your mentor or a middle leader. If no joy go to SLT, they have a duty to look after your well being.
- Don’t struggle and remember you are not alone. There are plenty of ITT mentors and NQT mentors on Twitter willing to help.