Name: Stuart Lock
5 Bits of Advice About: Workload
- Know your calendar, keep a diary, and don’t let deadlines build up. This seems obvious, but is so often a cause of issues.
- Share lesson plans. You don’t need to plan everything from scratch.
- Ask for help, especially when things seem unreasonable. You’ll get an idea of what is really important.
- Consider the benefits and opportunity cost of extensive marking.
- Don’t volunteer for loads of extra things as a result of your first term’s enthusiasm. Determine if you have space in your established working hours first.