Name: Tom Jolly
Subject: All subjects
Position: Final term NQT
5 Bits of Advice About: Behaviour for learning
- Have reward systems in place e.g. Class Dojo.
- Make your expectations high and set them to be clear and concise the second you walk into the classroom and never drop the bar.
- Agree classroom rules/expectations with your class so they can never say it is unfair – they signed up to it.
- Make the expectations visual so you and other children can refer to them when other children are not applying them.
- Don’t be afraid to tell an adult in your class if they aren’t working within the expectations. It will shock the kids and make them realise the expectations are for all.