Name: Rebecca Nobes
5 Bits of Advice About: Being a form tutor
- Make an effort to get to know your tutees and their interests. If you’re going to be with this group for 5 years this is even more important.
- Get into routines. There are so many things that tutors have to check/do every week so make sure the students know what is coming and when, it’ll make things much simpler.
- Encourage them to get to know each other, it’s very easy for them to get into their groups stick with them. They should be a team (or so I try to tell mine!).
- Get to know the parents. So many of the issues, and sometimes the positives, will drop into your inbox so get to know the parents early on.
- Enjoy it. You’re going to be seeing them for 15/20 minutes a day, so find an enjoyable way of making things work for all of you.