Name: Gavin Warke
Twitter: None given
Subject: MFL and Geography
5 Bits of Advice About: Being a form tutor
- Have clear and rigid boundaries; ensure the students know these.
- Establish basic routines early on and stick to them. Even if the kids don’t like it they are YOUR routines, make them do it.
- Be nice, don’t come in first day all guns blazing and expecting the students to respond well to you.
- Be firm but polite, I have seen many teachers be rude and humiliate kids. I just isn’t nice. Model the behaviour we would accept as adults.
- Make time to get to know the kids, they are your bread and butter!