Name: Margaret Wood
Twitter: None given
Subject: All subjects
Position: Retired KS1 school based tutor and SENCO
5 Bits of Advice About: Classroom management
- If planning isn’t working be prepared to change it.
- Keep a pot of spare sharp pencils. Blunt and broken can be swapped hence no time wasting sharpening pencils.
- At the beginning of term give the children a guided tour of where everything is kept in labeled containers. Encourages independence.
- When you arrive at school give priority to resources and organisation. Being ready for the lesson is more important than anything else.
- If behaviour is an issue during carpet time, seat the children in a circle.