Name: Amanda Kelly
Position: Learning Manager
5 Bits of Advice About: College processes
- Make friends with the Administration team, they will help you find your way round the various administration processes.
- The register is a legal document…treat it like one!
- Attend team meetings, especially if your post is fractional. The job is easier if you know what else is happening and have connection with the rest of the department.
- The art of delegation is a great one to master but keep track of tasks that you have passed on…when SLT want a progress report it is you they will ask!
- FE can be last chance saloon for some learners & they make errors in judgement – don’t judge them for their mistakes but steer them in the right direction.