Name: Peps McCrea
Position: Senior Lecturer in Teacher Education
5 Bits of Advice About: Lesson Planning
- The things you think about during lesson planning, and the order you think about them in have a MASSIVE influence on your impact in the classroom.
- Start by asking yourself: what do I want my students to have learnt by the end of the lesson, and how will I assess whether they’ve got there?
- Followed by: What prior knowledge are they coming in with, and what learning steps do they need to go through to successfully get to the end point?
- And then: What experiences will help my students progress through those steps, along the simplest and shortest path?
- And finally: What previous learning do I want them to re-engage with, so they will remember it for longer?