Name: Conor Heaven
Sector: Early Years / Primary
Subject: All subjects
Position: Middle Leader (Maths focus)
5 Bits of Advice About: Modelling
- If you want children to do something in their work or use a certain device or strategy, model it clearly.
- Act like they should by sounding out, going to get dictionary etc. You are modelling independence.
- Model the thought processes out loud. Talk in the way you would like them to think and act during a task.
- Unpick a really good example and discuss what makes it so good. This is modelling analysis and will help them internalise good strategies.
- Please, please model making mistakes and how to deal with this. Model that it is part of learning if you want them to treat it normally themselves.