Subject: All subjects
5 Bits of Advice About: Organisation
- Find yourself five trays and label them with the days of the week. Put them in your area and use them to help sort paperwork.
- Make sure you have an academic diary and use it. Put any dates for trip, INSETS, parents’ evenings etc. straight into it and check it regularly!
- Be ruthless with paperwork. It needs to be dealt with before it builds up and you find yourself in paperwork hell; either file it or bin it straight away.
- Assign pupils to be in charge of keeping equipment organised. A queue to sharpen pencils at the bin at the start of each lesson will drive you mad!
- Ask children to leave books open on tables at the end of the lesson. It sounds silly but it will save you so much time when it comes to marking!