Sector: Special School
Position: Assistant Headteacher
5 Bits of Advice About: SLT
- SLT are not Gods in ivory towers. Do not be afraid of them. Ask their advice on teaching and forge a good relationship.
- Listen to the advice from SLT and take it on board. Tell them if they are causing you undue stress, they should help you.
- Invite SLT in to watch you teach. Get their requirements for observations right from the very start.
- If you think they may be wrong about something discuss it with them. They will appreciate your honesty and thoughts.
- Remember they are in charge of your career at the moment. Get their advice on appraisal targets to help structure your career.