Name: Martin Heeley
Position: Teacher (NQT+1)
5 Bits of Advice About: Work/life balance
- Make sure you have at least one day free on a weekend and one evening a week.
- Try to do you work at school where possible. It makes sure that you don’t turn your home into your workplace.
- Do your photocopying the night before, not the morning before your lessons. I’m learning this year how much stress it helps avoid!
- Find what works for you to help you unwind – reading, Netflix binge, gym, playing an instrument.
- Remember: you can say no to things. You do not have to say yes to everything – you will not be judged for turning things down.