Subject: Chemistry and Physics
5 Bits of Advice About: YouTube
- Use clips in the classroom; for experiments that you can’t do, to add variety or for WOW factor.
- Use questions, “by the end of this clip you should be able to tell me…..” That way they are forced to engage.
- Try flipped learning, set a series of questions for homework and give links to videos that include the answers.
- Use it for assessment, Edpuzzle allows you to put questions into any YouTube video. Easier for you to mark, engaging for students as they can do their homework on their phone.
- Make playlists to parallel your classroom teaching, and recommend them to your classes. YouTube is the most popular website for 13-17 year olds, use that to your advantage!