Name: Rebecca Stacey
Subject: All subjects
5 Bits of Advice About: Getting started
- Set yourself specific evenings for work – and stick to it. Don’t spend all your weekend working.
- Always, always, ask if you are unsure about something. From homework setting to planning requirements, don’t waste time producing oodles of paperwork if it is not needed.
- Every school is different. Spend some time with pupils in the playground getting to know what makes yours tick.
- Emailing yourself from a meeting is a perfectly practical way to remind yourself of actions and interesting points.
- Reading a good book to your class, no matter what the age, will calm them down, bring them back to the class, and develop their interest in the wider world.