Name: Caroline Mortlock
Position: Lead Practitioner
5 Bits of Advice About: Classroom management
- Make frequent, extensive eye contact as you talk. It’s a really positive way of involving and engaging your audience.
- Learn to love your teacher persona; it will become both your shield and your sustenance. Welcome the relief at the end of the day as you hang it up in a cupboard.
- Get in amongst your class. One of the loveliest things is when a senior colleague arrives and, sees a class happily immersed in their work and CAN’T WORK OUT WHERE YOU ARE.
- Have at least a litre of water on hand. Your voice needs it; your system needs it.
- You cannot be too organised. Distrust those who claim mess is creative. Tidy is calm.