Name: Lesley Watts
5 Bits of Advice About: Your school library
- Visit the library and introduce yourself as soon as you can – you might be surprised at the help your librarian can offer.
- Many librarians will collaborate with you to deliver a lesson – ideal if you are feeling a bit isolated in the classroom as an NQT.
- Learning Resource Centre and LRC are other terms for library – they all do the same thing.
- Let your librarian know in advance if you are bringing a class to the library to avoid the chaos of too many children and too few resources.
- Be seen to read yourself and never miss the opportunity to recommend a book to a class. Even better – tell your librarian what it is so they can stock it.