Name: Jane Basnett
Position: Head of Department
5 Bits of Advice About: Report writing
- Before you write your first report check out some previous reports written by a colleague you trust and respect. You will get lots of ideas from them.
- As you mark work over the term keep notes about what students have done well and what they need to work on. An app like Idoceo will help with this.
- Start your reports well in advance of the deadline. They will take you longer than you expect.
- If it is taking you twice as long to write a particular report, leave it for a while and return to it refreshed after doing something else.
- A negative report will not get your students working with you. Build on the positives and make the overarching message a positive one.