Position: Assistant Principal
5 Bits of Advice About: Staying on top of workload
- Keep a to-do list and update it regularly. Consider an app; I recommend todoist.
- Do not use your e-mail inbox as a to-do list. Important things will get lost.
- Turn e-mails into tasks on your to-do list then delete them. The aim is to have an empty inbox.
- Every evening, review your tasks for the next day and prioritise the three or four most important things. This is the art.
- Accept that many things on your to-do list will never get done. If you have done advice 4 well, you should be fine.