Name: John Dexter
Position: Acting Head
5 Bits of Advice About: Extra curricular activities
- Do some extra curricular – music (play an instrument in orchestra, sing in choir) or sport (take a team) or help in a club. Organise a trip. Help with the Duke of Edinburgh programme.
- Learn that despite the paperwork for Health and Safety, trip forms etc, the benefits far outweigh the work.
- Reflect on what differences running the activity makes to relationships within your classes with those who do your club and those who don’t. This should make you think.
- Enjoy opportunities to work in a different team with colleagues. Be proud of achievements, building character (including yours) and tell the story via the school website, posters, assemblies etc.
- Now is that really extra curricular or part of the lifeblood of a school?