Name: Andy Lewis
Position: Head of Year and 2ic RE
5 Bits of Advice About: Facebook
- Check your security settings and be very careful to understand exactly what the public can see. Recheck regularly.
- Decide if you want to be ‘friends’ with colleagues. As you enter the profession, do you want people looking up *those* uni photos or seeing what you do on a Saturday night?
- Be careful if you ‘Like’ your school page. Does that make you easy to find for students and parents? Is your profile picture suitable and security high enough?
- Read your school social media policy. Should you be ‘friends’ with students? No. Ex-students? It may depend.
- If you join various teaching groups and network via Facebook, it may be worth setting up a second, professional account. It also helps with work-life balance.