Name: Bryan Molin
Position: Assistant Headteacher
5 Bits of Advice About: Taking a cover lesson
- Make sure you read through the cover work ahead of time. If there are any questions ask a member of the relevant department.
- Visit the classroom you will be teaching in ahead of time so you have your bearings.
- Make sure you have spare paper and equipment for this lesson. You don’t want to be struggling with the basics.
- Teach it as if it was your lesson. Students appreciate a teacher who makes an effort and cares about their learning.
- Keep behaviour management simple with lots of praise, but remain assertive. Students need to be quiet when you are giving instructions.