Name: Stephen Connor
5 Bits of Advice About: Getting involved
- Go on a residential with your new school. Get to know children and staff quickly.
- Use NQT time to observe. Watch SMT as they are likely to have been teaching longest, will be used to observations and, theoretically, should be good teachers.
- Take on an after-school club, or offer to help others with theirs. Show you are proactive and enthusiastic early on.
- Introduce yourself to as many parents as possible, as quickly as possible. Ring them, send a letter home, show you are available to them.
- Always, always be nice to the secretaries, caretaker and bursar. They’ll all save your skin at some point…