Name: Allison Fairey
Subject taught (if applicable): Visual Arts + RE
What is your advice about? Managing Workload
- Plan your time carefully so that you make allowances for all of your responsibilities. This includes time for rest, exercise and connecting with friends & family.
- Aim to begin your day early and finish later than student dismissal. Mornings are good for checking emails, afternoons for marking & preparation.
- You will need to make personal time available for work. Build this time into your weekends but don’t allow this to interfere with social events, rest or exercise.
- Use some of your holidays for work but be flexible & use times when the weather is unsuitable to go out or you have no plans. Never say ‘no’ to an invitation because of work.
- Set up a permanent workspace at home that is seperate from your living areas. Drift in & out of this space as determined by your mood & work demands.