Name: Daniel Opoku
Twitter name: @pedagogymatters
Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: Lead Practitioner
What is your advice about? Modelling Paragraphs
- Ensure students engage with models, as opposed to just reading them. Encourage students to annotate them.
- Don’t always give students a success criteria to annotate from. Allow them to use their annotations to create a success criteria.
- Give students a model that is not exactly the same task as the one that you want them to complete.
- Use multiple models to highlight specific skills, showing students good models, but also perhaps a bad ones. This further highlights what ‘good’ looks like.
- Challenge students to offer a WWW (what went well) and EBI (even better if) on models to unpick then further.