Name: Allison Fairey
Twitter name: @amuseED
Subject taught (if applicable): Art + RE
What is your advice about? Managing Students
- Know the expectations at your site & work with these. Consistency across the school makes student management easier for everyone (including the students).
- Everything you have heard about building relationships with students is true. This takes time but is an excellent investment of your effort.
- Relationships must be focused on student wellbeing & achievement, & should be genuine & professional. A mature approach from you sets the standard.
- Be fair, do not discriminate, give in to preconceived knowledge of students or make snap decisions. Think through management issues carefully & ask for advice if needed.
- Be confident and ensure students are aware of your standards by modelling these yourself. Your respectful handling of them will pay dividends.