Name: Jennifer Wilson
Twitter name: @JenJayneWilson
Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: English teacher, middle leader and SCITT mentor
What is your advice about? The great NQT job hunt
- Don’t compare yourself to other people. People will get jobs at different times and it really doesn’t matter.
- Do your research (e.g. prospectus, Ofsted reports etc) and tailor your application to reflect your research.
- The school are looking for the ‘best fit’ for their gap so don’t try to be somebody you’re not in a desperate attempt to impress.
- In your application focus on what you can offer the school, not what the school can offer you.
- Stay true to who you are as a teacher. There’ll be a school where you are the best fit and that’s the place that will give you the best development in your NQT year.