Name: Stephen Reginald
Subject taught (if applicable):
Position: Supply teacher
What is your advice about? Visiting a school for a day’s supply
- Be nice to your TA if you’re lucky enough to get one. You should do this out of common decency but also because the SLT will ask her whether they should book you again.
- Bring a green pen with you. For some reason, lots of schools like marking to be done in green.
- Politely decline any attempts by kids to ‘high five’ you. You’re their teacher, not one of their mates.
- Have resources for a couple of lessons in case there’s no planning. Ensure these lessons require no marking.
- Don’t try to follow the excessively detailed marking policies that some schools have. Some ticks, a positive comment and the word ‘supply’ next to it should suffice.