Twitter name: FionaMaths
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
Position: Subject Leader
What is your advice about? Deciding to take a job overseas
- Realise it isn’t the same as travelling. Sure you will have more opportunities to travel than you would do at home but terms can be long and flights can be expensive.
- Be realistic about how much you can save. Wages might be tax free but starting a new life costs so expect some initial outlays.
- Have an escape fund. Aim to keep around 1000 pounds somewhere safe just in case…
- Profit vs non-profit is a big factor when picking your school. Will your owner care more about their holidays and cars than your students?
- Do not confine yourself to a time frame. Most contracts are two years but who says you will want to come home anyway?!