Name: Quirky Teacher
Twitter name: @iQuirky_Teacher
Subject taught (if applicable): Everything
Position: Class teacher and subject co-ordinator
What is your advice about? How to have a twitter debate
- Try to disengage emotion and use logical, rational argument only
- Don’t try to be clever by looking for opportunities to twist or deliberately misinterpret tweets in order to try and make your fellow man look mad or stupid
- Try to stick to the topic of debate rather than diverting to your own political agenda
- Resorting to name calling and personal attacks just because you can’t cope with people not agreeing with you does not make you look big or clever. Just agree to disagree.
- Try to avoid jumping in where there are already many people arguing against just one person. We wouldn’t do it in real life.