Name: Jessica Lund
Twitter name: @JessicaLundx
Subject taught (if applicable): MFL
What is your advice about? Planning MFL lessons
- Don’t use pictures – they distract kids from the language. Use the written word instead, and get them reading out loud lots.
- Never, ever, spend more time making a resource than the kids will spend using it.
- Don’t use the target language and mime. Translate every word you use until they know it without the translation.
- Repeat the good stuff over and over and over again until they know it. And I mean really know it.
- Don’t give them fun. Give them everything they need to know, and they’ll enjoy how confident they feel.