Name: Jonathan Cussons
Twitter name: @CussonsHistory
Subject taught (if applicable): Humanities
What is your advice about? Duties
- Get out and circulate! Speak to many students and find out their interests – building relationships is key to good teaching.
- Make sure you ask about their outside hobbies – “Did you win at the weekend?” Or “How was the dance competition?”. It shows you care.
- Use duties as an opportunity to praise students, or keep that lesson hook going.
- Use duty as a time for them to check learning with peers. “Ask your friends about….”
- Have a sense of humour and be a little less “serious”.