Twitter name: @miss_trainee
Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: Year 7 Curric Lead
What is your advice about? Teaching Writing
- Write a model letter(eg) yourself that hits the marks (on the rare occasion you can find a model that fits EXACTLY what you want, feel free to use that).
- They pick it apart (paragraph/sentence structures, content, vocab etc)
- They plan their own on a similar topic in a similar way to how they picked it apart (same criteria)
- They write independently with you reminding them of good vocab etc
- They peer assess with a scaffolded checklist of the success criteria and then act upon by tweaking/redraft.