Name: Daniel Pearson
Twitter name: @danpo_
Subject taught (if applicable): History and Government & Politics
Position: Classroom teacher
What is your advice about? Planning history lessons.
- Work out where you want pupils to be at the end of a topic/unit of work, then work backwards from there.
- Don’t focus on individual activities for individual lessons but rather on everything they’ll need to get them where you want by the end of the topic/unit.
- This will allow differentiation by progress rather than by resource, and will save you lots of time and energy.
- Building lesson time for pupils to draft and redraft written work is perfectly legitimate and will save you time and energy. It will also make them better at writing.
- Don’t teach anything, ask them to read anything or use any resource that you haven’t fully gone through yourself.