Name: Allison Fairey
Twitter name: @amuseED
Subject taught (if applicable): Art + RE
What is your advice about? Credibility in the Classroom
- Be confident. This comes easily with experience, but being super organised helps. Always have a number of contingency plans ready to employ if a lesson goes off the rails.
- Be cool. Never let unexpected surprises or setbacks affect you. Aim for calmness at all times & show this in the way you use your voice & your body language.
- Know your subject/s well & extend your knowledge into related areas. Making multiple connections will send the message that what you teach is worth learning.
- Observe your students as they work. Don’t be distracted while they are learning. You will learn a great deal about them & they will know you prioritise them above all else.
- Respect your students & never cause them to doubt your sincerity. Listen to them & give them authentic & varied opportunities to demonstrate their learning.