Name: Allison Fairey
Twitter name: @amuseED
Subject taught (if applicable): Art + RE
What is your advice about? Preparing Juniors for their Senior Studies
- NQTs often begin their careers in the middle school. Ensure you are aware of the requirements & capabilities expected of students in the senior years of your subject.
- Deliberately plan your lessons & units of work to build your students skills & knowledge in the junior years so they are prepared for the demands of senior courses.
- Investigate & adopt some of the same pedagogies used by teachers of the senior classes. Build a relationship with these teachers so you can learn from them.
- Tell your students the work they do is paving the way for successful completion of secondary schooling. It’s a useful motivator. Expect them to be responsible learners.
- The above advice is obvious but it is important your students understand they are on a learning journey. You have the opportunity to positively impact their future performance