Twitter name: @MrsLeggEnglish
Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: English teacher I/c GCSE Literature. Literacy coordinator.
What is your advice about? Literacy across the curriculum
- Know your stuff. Understand the basics of literacy: full stops, capital letters, sentencing, punctuation, apostrophes, common homophones, spelling.
- Model the basics the best you can. Proof read.
- Be relentless in the pupils’ spelling of your own subject specific technical terminology.
- Plan extended writing in your lessons whenever possible.
- Always correct SPaG errors when marking.