Twitter name: @Bigkid4
Subject taught (if applicable): Mathematics
What is your advice about? Workload
- Set yourself a sensible maximum number of hours you are willing to work. (mine is 50 hours per week)
- Take note of how many hours you are working and on what. Pay particular attention to how you are spending time outside of lessons and outside of school.
- Find out what the leadership want you to prioritise and as far as is possible fit that within your allotted time.
- If something cannot fit within the allotted time and is not a priority it probably isn’t worth doing.
- Report writing, mock exams and controlled assessments spring to mind as possible exceptions where the time limit could be exceeded. Allow a few exceptions but not many.