Name: Jan Baker
Twitter name: @Janbaker97
Subject taught (if applicable): MFL
Position: Head of Curriculum
What is your advice about? 5 Tips they don’t teach you at Uni
- If you accidentally use a permanent marker on the board (not interactive), just go over it with a dry wipe marker and it should wipe straight off.
- Don’t let you students leave a mess in your room. You won’t have time to pick rubbish up or put chairs tidy. Check until it becomes a habit with your students.
- Walk around the room with a pen in your hand so you can correct/mark work as you circulate to cut down on marking later.
- Have the starter exercise in your hand to give out as students come into the room, thereby giving you time to take the register.
- Teach your students to put their books away neatly in the box you keep them in otherwise you will spend an enormous amount of time tidying them up and searching for them.