Name: Kenny Pieper
Twitter name: @kennypieper
Subject taught (if applicable): English
What is your advice about? Promoting Reading for Pleasure
- Let students see you reading every day. Some kids might never see an adult reading so make sure it’s you.
- Make time for reading every day. It’s a habit that needs to bite so make sure students get ten minutes at least.
- Allow students to read whatever they want, at first. Get a book in their hands and look to push more appropriate books their way, in time
- Book in for a weekly library slot. Never send kids there alone as they often have no idea what they’re looking for.
- Never let reading for pleasure slip off your desk because you’re too busy. If it’s important then you must show your students that it’s important.