Name: Nick Overton
Twitter name: @nickotkdV
Subject taught (if applicable): Primary
Position: Class teacher
What is your advice about? Balancing work.
- Have a cut off point that you do not work past. For me this is 8pm in the evening, if I have not computed the work by then I leave it for the next day.
- Make sure you have other non-school related activities planned. At the weekend, within the holiday, etc. make sure you have things booked that are not school related.
- Listen to your body and mind. If you are feeling unwell it is your body telling you you need to stop. Listen to it and stop. Unwell teachers are no use to students.
- Make sure you talk to colleagues. There are lots of resources out there that have already been made. Ask what the school has and you might find the resources you want. Talk.
- Sleep. Finally a stressed and tired teacher is not able to do their job effectively it efficently. Remember this is your bodies way of resting and recuperating. Listen to it.